Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wedding Style - The Pretty Pink Dress

Hello Wednesday! I thought that for today’s post, I would get personal. To let you in on a little secret…I have been heavily influenced throughout my life by a wonderful little film called Dirty Dancing. I know, I know. “I carried a watermelon?” I love it! I wanted to BE Baby. I know every word, the entire soundtrack, and Patrick Swayze will FOREVER be my first crush as Johnny Castle. I love everything about the movie and watching it as a 14 year old certainly skewed my expectations of family vacations for a decade. My poor parents. I was always disappointed when I didn’t meet a Johnny to teach me dance moves and fall madly in love with me for my bravery, my innocent good looks…my hutzpah!

And below are two BEAUTIFUL examples of a modern-day Baby wedding dress. Pale pink and begging to dance and sway like the dress Jennifer Grey wore in the last scene of the movie. So iconic. I’m not suggesting a Dirty Dancing themed wedding, but the dresses are inspired by the movie. And if you were a couple looking to incorporate the movie in another way, you would have to include “I’ve Had the Time of My Life” by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes, and “Love is Strange” by Mickey and Sylvia. You could also get married at a resort in the Catskills! Take your engagement pictures on a log over a creek! Okay, so maybe I have imagined my own Dirty Dancing themed wedding just a few times. Sue me.

Nobody puts Baby in the corner,
xoxo
Christy




Photo sources: coutureallure.com, bridalwave.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails