Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dainty Details - Perfect Pinwheels

I’ve got summer on my mind! I’ve been doing research for one of our upcoming summer weddings and now I’m a little bit obsessed with pinwheels. Pinwheels aren’t an entirely new idea in weddings, but I’ve enjoyed the browsing and want to share my take!

I’ve collected many images for this post…there are plenty of ways to incorporate pinwheels into a wedding theme. I started to wonder though, if a pinwheel theme would come across too “cute” or “precious” for a wedding. But I really think that a summer wedding…think linen suits, crisp green lawns, lemonade cocktails, and bright wildflowers…could absolutely include pinwheels thematically from start to finish.

I’m imagining a picnic reception with a preppy look, maybe pinks and greens, with blankets on a lawn next to a croquet game...how perfect would pinwheels be at this country club affair? I can see them on ties or socks, cufflinks or boutonnieres, planted in the lawn and in a flower girl’s bouquet. The trick with themes is to pick and choose where you integrate, especially with a tangible single theme—like pinwheels or bicycles or snowflakes—as opposed to a more broad theme like “circus” or “Gatsby”.

Pinwheels could be a part of your invitations with a stamp or an illustrated image. Or, you could include a pinwheel pattern on the back of your invitation, and guests can fold their own if they want! From there, you might include pinwheels on signage at the ceremony and reception, lining the aisle, in centerpieces, or as large format lawn ornaments. You could have mini-wheels like flags in cocktails, or give them to guests as favors to spin for a big entrance, or even a colorful send-off. The possibilities are endless!

Here are some pics for more pinwheel fun! Etsy is a great place to start!









xoxo
Christy

Photo sources: 1&2 L. Sharp and Jackie Herb, 3 Big Star Photography, 4 The Knot - MadeinHeavenCakes.com, 5 Etsy - Pickled Parlor Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails