Monday, January 31, 2011

Dainty Details - A Snow Day 1st Birthday Party!

Happy Monday! It rained all weekend long, and I loved every minute of not feeling guilty and lounging around the house. I finally downloaded Em's 1st birthday party off my camera and made a little snow day inspiration board to share!


I had so much fun with this theme - we had a snowman that met you at the front door, painted snow resting on our window panes (let me tell you how fun spray snow is! I hit every window in the house and am a professional snow sprayer), mini snow flakes greeted you every which way, from the bathroom mirror to along the hall and falling from the chandelier.

The color palette we worked with was silver, navy blue, light blue and white. Favors for the little ones were light blue mittens wrapped in snowy paper and tied with snowman name tags. Older kids received snowman "take-out" boxes that had fun striped finger-less gloves hidden inside.

The cupcakes were by Glass Slipper Gourmet and were to die for. I personally ate 5, and no they weren't the small cupcakes. One of my clients hired them for their wedding and for me it was love at first bite. I was so excited Kelly was able to make these little cupcakes for Em's big day. Em is allergic to dairy so Kelly was amazing and made her a special angel food cake with non dairy frosting so she could partake in the fun.

The birthday girl rocked a sweet little navy sweater with embroidered snowflakes from Janie and Jack and the little snowflake hair clip was made by the mom of her BFF Callie Jo.

Have a fabulous week!
xoxo
Trisha

Photo source: Trisha Dean

2 comments:

  1. so cute! great pictures and so happy to hear the cuppies were enjoyed ~ and see Em dug into her lil' special cake too! Many thanks for the shout out! ;)
    kelly
    Glass Slipper Gourmet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails