Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Love and Memories

Hi all,
I have a bit of a different post today - one that is a little more personal. Instead of the fun wedding details, I wanted to focus on the love part that gets us to the wedding that leads to the fun wedding details.

My Grandpa passed away this past weekend. My Grandma passed away a few years back, and I know he is incredibly happy to be with her again. They were married for 64 years, had three children and a sweet little home in San Bruno, California.

My Grandpa served in World War II and was one of the first troops to land in Normandy on D Day. He spoke 7 different languages - was fluent in Italian, and made enough money winning poker games during the war that my Grandma was able to purchase and furnish a home on the winnings he sent back to her. How cool is that?! My Grandparents loved Disneyland and my sister and I were spoiled with summer trips and wonderful memories of being in the happiest place on earth. They were the best!

In my little post today, I wanted to remind us that love is timeless and sacred. Through thick and thin, good times and bad, love will get us through. It amazes me that this feeling on which we build a life with someone has the ability to create such an impact in our day to day lives - and I wouldn't have it any other way! I am such a romantic and to me, a wedding is a moment in time with family and friends where love is celebrated.

Ok, enough sappy stuff. Go hug and kiss your loved ones, live in the moment, and be happy. Here is Grandma and Grandpa - Bob and Bernice - not sure of the date, but thrilled to have found the photo.
xoxo
Trisha


Photo source: Author's personal collection

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this great post! In our society that is so fascinated with things it is great to step back and remember why we're all here in the first place. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa but it sounds like he was able to touch a lot of lives while here, especially yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails