Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Gatsby by Day - Sweet Daytime Wedding Details

I will let you in on a little secret. I am a Gilmore Girls fanatic. Huge. I mean, it's a bit gross. I've got all of the seasons on DVD, and watch them waaaaay too often. Why am I sharing all of this? Well, my favorite episode is called "You Jump, I Jump Jack" (season 5, episode 7) and it is based on a secret society that has an event set in what I like to think of as a Gatsby-esque era. All the fun details in this episode are so neato. I tried to find the episode on Hulu and link to it for you all, but sadly, it was not there. But all sorts of other Gilmore Girls episodes are...take a peek!

Anyway, the tie back to weddings is coming....

So, I am also a huge fan of Snippet & Ink and the amazing inspiration boards Kathryn creates. She has such an eye for detail when putting these babies together. She posted one the other day that I have printed out and hung on my personal inspiration pin board in my office because it instantly reminded me of my favorite episode of GG. I can't wait to have a client request a wedding full of summer yellows and a pop of sweet berry. LOVE!

Click on the image to see all the pretty details. The hats, the bow ties, the parasols. The sunshine and the blackberry colors contrast each other so well. Can't you see the twinkle lights, hear the music hanging on the heat from a warm summer night? And I have the perfect venue in Sonoma - Beltane Ranch - with it's wrap around porches and working cattle ranch. Yes please!
I'm sure there is some plantation in the South that is also begging to have this wedding thrown at it, but I think Beltane would add a California twist to these sweet nuptials.

Here are some more fab finds based on the lovely inspiration board above...

Beltane Ranch Ceremony with the wrap around porch.


A stunning antique jeweled bouquet by Noaki Jewelry.

The lovely work of JL Designs and Sweet and Saucy.

Would doesn't love wedding pie?

I adore antique rings, this one is quite a gem.
Lovin' the sassy yellow stripes.

Programs with gingham ribbon = adorable.


Hope you all are diggin' the Gatsby by Day post!
xoxo
Trisha

Photo sources: 1 Snippetandink.blogspot.com, 2 www.beltaneranch.com, 3 noakijewelry.com, 4 Photo by Stephanie Williams Photography via Weddingchicks.com, 5,6, 8, Martha Stewart Weddings, 7 yellowbrickroad.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails