Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Good Read - A Love Story for Wedding Lovers: The Bride Quartet Books

I was one of those kids who inhaled every book that I got my hands on. One of my favorite books of all time is The BFG by Roald Dahl. In elementary school The Babysitter's Club was my second book crush. I had every single book in the series lined up on my book shelf - and let me tell you - there were quite a few of them! Then I moved on to Sweet Valley High and the beautiful blond twins Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield. In middle school I somehow changed directions and devoured Dean Koontz and Stephen King books - until I scared myself silly. Once high school rolled around I found another favorite book, Love in the Time of Cholera. I am a sucker for a good love story.

When I was pregnant, I picked up my reading habit again. My BFF introduced me (kicking and screaming) to the Twilight books. She even let me borrow them and drove them to my house she was so sure that I would like them. I really didn't believe her, I mean come on, vampires!?!? I'm too old for a story about vampires. But of course, I fell madly in love with Edward and Bella and I will admit, I have read Breaking Dawn five times - I just can't get enough.

After I finished the Twilight series, I was at a complete loss as to what I should read next -nothing could compare! My mother in law handed me a book that she said was just perfect for me. And it was.

And it will be for all you wedding industry peeps and fans of a good wedding filled love story. Again, I struggled with the stigma attached to romance novels, but Nora Roberts hooked me with this book series.

It's about four fab women running a wedding planning business. Now, don't get me wrong, it is pure fluff! You will not be learning any secrets of the trade here, just fun reading about 4 adorable gals and their quest for love as they plan weddings. It's full of silly romance that just had me melting. Maybe it was the pregnancy hormones, but I think it's because as a lover of all things wedding, it's another way to get my fill. So go pick up The Bride Quartet Books, only books 1 through 3 are out...I'm on pins and needles waiting for number 4! If anything, it is a great book to take to the pool or beach this summer.

I'll be honest with you - I was a bit embarrassed to write this post, as these books are not filled with deep thought provoking literature, just a good fun read about an industry I love working in. A few friends and colleagues talked me into sharing these books and I am glad I did. Thanks much - you know who you are. And if you have read them, let me know what you think! :)

Photo source: Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails